The following CVEA members are recipients of WEA Eastern Community Outreach Grants for Winter 2019.
- Taunya Luckey- Veterans Service Project ($102.56)
- Rebekah Wilkinson-Pepiton- Fine Arts Mural with CVHS students for Adams Elementary ($1250)
- Cathy Walter- 1st grade University Elementary’s Play with Parent Partners ($360)
- Stacy Pecha – Salish Culture & History for Selkirk M.S. students ($500)
- Morgen Larsen- Cultural Connections thru Literacy ($1500)
- Krista Larsen- Community Gardens & Little Library ($402.98)
- Jacy Williams- Crosswalk Youth Connections ($1200)
- Eva Waddell- Cards for Hospice Patients ($140.88)Z
The Team of 12 will prioritize proposals received last year prior to rolling the contract over for an additional year. You will have a chance to bring up new concerns in the spring.
For more information on our partnership with Homestreet Bank, click on the link on the sidebar to the right....
Considering buying a home? Attend an upcoming seminar and learn how to build a budget, prepare your credit, and get a comprehensive overview of the homebuying process from a noncommissioned Affinity loan officer and other real estate professionals before you start looking for a home. This class also offers a certificate of completion from the WA State Housing Finance Commission that can be used when applying for down-payment assistance.
Lunch will be provided!
To register for one of these classes you can call the Hometown Hotline at 509-209-2547, or go online
Good idea to review those building files!
It's a good practice to review your building file at least once a year to ensure that the information in it is accurate, up-
to-date, and relevant to your current assignment.
For those of you who have been with the district for many years, your building file (defined as supervisory or working file in the CBA) has the potential of containing very old information that may not be particularly helpful to have around. For example, a complaint letter from one disgruntled parent 5 years ago is not likely to be reflective of your career accomplishments, so it would make sense to remove it.